- Create a vendor management framework categorized into areas: Governance; Vendor Assessment and Monitoring; Tools and Technology and Ops/Tech Organization and roles/responsibilities.
- Provide current state assessment, future state assessment and recommendations.
- Assist, coach and transfer knowledge to a newly hired vendor manager to implement and maintain the framework for a goal that a vendor management program be built that is sustainable and provides business value
- Lead (or assist depending on the timing of hiring a vendor manager) of the Governance component through the inventorying and consolidation of existing vendors, terms, conditions, business ownership, and cyclical process to re-establish or maintain vendor relations and performance standards.
- Lead (or assist depending on the timing of hiring a vendor manager) of onboarding one new vendor services as a proof of concept to improve the initial vendor management framework and processes.
Knowledge / Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years’ Vendor Management experience with 10+ years in the investment industry
- Proven asset management background in an Operations, Data and Technology vendor management capacity with strong experience working closely with procurement and legal in developing and maintaining a sustainable vendor management program
- Proven experience in strategic planning and implementing the build-out of a new Vendor Management program in an Asset Management firm required (experience maintaining an existing program will not be considered meeting this requirement)
- Must possess strong analytical skills and leadership qualities to grow into leadership positions.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A relevant undergraduate degree or post-graduate degree
- Any certification or degree related to Finance (Investment Management) domain will be an advantage
- CFA or CAIA would be an added advantage
Please email a copy of your CV here